“Many will want what you have, but few will do what you do.” – David W. Robbins, Rich Little Piggy
Becoming financially secure takes more than just earning higher income. It is about doing things which not many are willing to do. It’s about making sacrifices to ensure long term stability. Mark Cuban hasn’t been blessed with a ‘silver spoon’ but worked his way up from selling garbage bags at age of 12, to bar-tending and to having net worth of $3.4 billion (2017) . He didn’t follow through the usual norm of a teenage life – instead, he hustled.
As soon I entered college, I was shocked to find out how much it costs to pay just for tuition fees. It was expensive (even till this day) and I knew I had to make adjustments to my life ethics and lifestyle. Here are 7 tricks that helped me to build the foundation to a financially secure future by college days:
- Start taking odd jobs
- Start saving from allowances and job
- Invest in low risk investment such as ASB
- Share rent with friends
- Eat home cooked meal
- Sign up to programs which gives discount to students e.g. Public Transport Services
Continue reading 7 Tricks To Help You Become Financially Secure in College.
There are so many online marketing experts writing blogs these days – sharing their experience and tips on growing businesses online. While some have the credibility for such discussion, others are only in it for the sake of posting content frequently without ever doing fact-checking.
There are even advises which may seem good but as you peel off the layers, you begin to realize ‘the water is not as shallow as you think’. Okay, enough idioms.
Based on what I’ve found reading online articles about internet marketing, I’ve deduced the top 3 worst marketing advises which you should steer clear from:
- Customers Are Always Right
- Get On Every Social Media Site Out There
- Post Updates Frequently
- Final Two Cent
Continue reading 3 Top Marketing Advice You Should Not Listen To
Companies have spent a lot of money to improve customer experience online. Millions have been invested into focus group and researches for the sake of improving the experience they wish to provide. But why such effort? Why customer experience is so important? Here’s 6 important reasons why:
- Leads to new means of competition
- Co-creation adds value
- Affects customer satisfaction
- Influences expectations
- Brand Love
- Leads to brand loyalty
Continue reading 6 IMPORTANT REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO INVEST ON CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Are you clueless about renting your first business store? Not too sure about what you need included in your tenancy agreement? Here are the fundamentals of moving in to setup your first shop:
- Location, location, location.
- Facing mainroads
- Best to select Ground floor or 1st floor. Eye level only.
- Nearby facilities, cafes, banks etc.
- Accessibility (Nearby highways)
- Make sure the shop can be found in at least Waze & Google Map.
- Always pay attention to details e.g. Rooftop, Piping, M&E, Leakages (No damages). Have the landlord to fix if any.
- Make sure previous utility bills are paid off. No outstanding till the date of your tenancy agreement initiation.
- Tenancy Agreement details and exits.
- Design shop based on your inspiration.
- Moving in.
Continue reading How To Rent Your First Business Store? Step-by-Step Guide.
“Money is plentiful for those who understand the simple laws which govern its acquisition.” – George Clayson.
George is very spot on. Money is verily available to those who understand the fundamentals of making money. Since this is my second article for my new Finance section, I thought what better way to write on how to increase your income revenue:
- Move Your Money To Fixed Deposit
- Keep Your Money in Savers Account e.g. M2U Savers
- Cut Down Monthly Expenses. Start with car mortgage.
Continue reading 4 Methods to Increase Your Income Revenue
In the age where information flows at an exponential rate, it’s becoming important to ensure your website is up to the standard of online users’ expectations – loading speed comes at the top of that list.
Akamai conducted an interesting research where:
- 47% of users expect a website to load in 2 seconds or less.
- 40% of people abandon the site if loading takes more than 3 seconds.
- 52% people say they remain loyal to websites with low loading page speed.
These numbers are concrete evidence on the importance of website loading speed – simply can’t be ignored. So, here’s a list of WordPress plugins which you need to cut down that loading speed:
- Cache Plugins (W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache)
- Optimize Images (WP Smushit)
- GZIP Ninja Speed Compression
- WP Optimize
Continue reading 4 Important Plugins For Your WordPress.