Something different I have for you guys this time. I’ve finally compiled 20 strategies to grow your Instagram followers in form of list. Here it goes:
- Promote your own hashtag(s) on your other social profiles, on your website, business cards and your email blast.
- Get creative with your hashtags. Be relatable. Be memorable.
- Pay attention to relevant and trending hashtags. Join these conversations to get in front of more people.
- Use your bio link to drive traffic to your newest or most popular content.
- Write descriptive captions. Storytelling will help generate engagement and potentially more sharing.
- Have conversations with top influencers in your space and become one of their favorite people or brands.
- Don’t want a tagged photo of you or your brand on your profile? Edit Tags to hide images from your profile.
- Change settings if you do not want to be tagged by embarrassing photos.
- Develop your own unique, recognizable visual style. Make sure people know your brand the moment they see your posts.
- Visit the Places tab to see what’s happening locally – your neighborhood, a city you’re targeting in ads, or an event in a certain location.
- Use a call to action to tell people what you want them to do with your posts. Be creative to get people share your content.
- Post videos on your feed with subtitles. This enables your audience to watch the videos without fearing of loud or annoying sounds.
- Post multiple clips on Instagram Stories & add locations near your business to attract people from outside your city.
- Create two accounts for your business; Account 1 promotes your product, Account 2 displays behind the scenes. Each account support one another to extend your reach in market.
- Add polls on your Instagram Stories; ask them what they’d like to see next, or what do they think about latest post – the opportunities to open up conversations are endless!
- Create Q&A session on your Instagram Stories! Let your fans get to know you more by answering questions about you (the owner) and the business. These sessions can seriously catapult your engagement.
- If you travel frequently (even domestic destinations), make full use of Instagram Location each time your post on feed, or your Stories. This allows your business to extend its reach in the market.
- Request a shoutout for a shoutout to important figures in the industry. Don’t approach the big players yet if your account is small. It won’t make sense for them to exchange shoutouts with a small Instagram account.
- Create 3 Highlights that best describe what you or your business does; I’d recommend to create ‘Website’, ‘Testimony’ & ‘Behind the Scene’ Highlights. These can help translate your business somewhat relatable to people – which is a big plus for your business.
- Link your Instagram account with other social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter etc.