Everyone loves a good social media hack. They save us time and usually show us some interesting things we didn’t know were possible.
Whether you’re a business using the social network or an individual using Instagram, these 15 hacks you can do to ‘up’ your game in the space.
- Get notifications when your favorite people post. Leave witty comments early on to have better chances of being responded. Getting responses and high number of Likes is a good way for your account to be spotted.
- Tag photos of other accounts in similar space. People do still go through tagged photos of a public figure – this is your chance to be discovered too. Have their permission first, of course.
- Look at the posts and comments the people you are following. Like and comment on their comments to start conversations. This is a great idea to be spotted by them.
- When you write caption, make sure the first line that appears on the post attracts people to read more. It’s not only about storytelling – but it’s about the ability of being able to pull people to your account through captivating caption is just as important.
- Search hashtags which are trending and include them in your caption. You can just Google ‘trending hashtags Instagram’ to find countless websites that offer this service for free.
- Design your posts that best represent you or your business. Don’t forget to always include your website url on each post. This helps drive traffic to your website.
- Don’t go overboard with your editing of photos. Be genuine and relatable to people.
- Insert line breaks into your bio and captions
- Add links to your business on bio – it helps to drive traffic to your account.
- Create Groups in your DM and invite people in similar space to participate. Talk to them first before inviting. Give yourself a good impression.
- Tell people what you do in the first line of your bio link.
- Reaching 10K followers, post more Stories that link to your website. Be creative in your approach. Do not oversell.
- Exchange shoutouts with another social media account(s). Tell them that you will promote his/her account on feed or Stories for similar return.
- Post more videos with subtitles and don’t forget to include your website url in the videos.
- Post long videos on IGTV to provide information for people who are interested to know more about you. Add subtitles too.