- Stay single. Let’s be honest, you can can get more things done without getting distracted from being in a relationship. Relationships can be emotionally and physically tiring – an energy which you could save and be invested into learning instead. I know this is not for everyone – move on if feel so!
- Start your day early. I always find the most productive time to get most things done are in the mornings. Our brains (and body) are fresh from hours of sleep raring to start the day. If you had a good deep sleep, your performance in the morning is going to be much better.
- Put your mobile phones on silent mode when working. How often do you check your phone during work? Often. Remove the distraction by putting it on silent mode while at work and you’ll see the level of productivity will improve.
- A nice trick I’d use to stay focus is to simply have a pen or pencil in your hand – ready to take notes of what you’re reading. The pen acts as a focus point for you to not easily get distracted by your surroundings. It sounds trivial, but it’s not. Try to give it a shot.
- I used to think that I’m able to work well with accompanying music. I was wrong. It started off well, at first. But as years go by, I began to realize some of the things I read did not really materialized. As it turns out, our brain is only able to process limited amount of info at a time. In short, try to minimize the distractions around you to ensure your brain processes what you’re reading or studying.
- Don’t rely on video lectures or tutorials completely. Don’t get me wrong. Videos are great – for introductory levelled people. To become a learned person, you still need to go the old fashion way – which is to read books or e-books. In fact, audio books are great too if you prefer it that way. I know I do.
- Again, who you associate yourself with plays important part here. Try to avoid or minimize contact with people who you feel demotivate you from studying or working. Peer pressure or their influence can be very dangerous. It’s infectious.
- Don’t be discouraged when a person is able to read 30 pages in an hour. Most of these people are able to do so due to constant training of reading. So, start spending more time reading – give it some time.
- Visit Quora.com to enhance your knowledge further. Quite frankly, it’s one of the best sites to keep your knowledge up to date. Most people there prefer discussions – not argument which I find very rare these days.